This is going to be a very busy week for me and my family! Ken’s birthday on Friday kicks off what is going to be an action packed weekend, which will culminate with one of my older brothers graduating college. So again, very busy for us!
So tonight I’m going to write on a more fun topic. Tonight, I’m going to let you all get to know me a little bit better. Now, some of my readers know me very well, but I’m sure there are a few that hardly know me at all. So for those readers, here are ten things you may not know about me.
- My first go-to fact anytime I’m asked to give a fact about myself is that I’m the youngest child of six. Now, that’s not horribly impressive or interesting by itself. But I’m the youngest of six kids, spanning three decades. My oldest sibling was born in 1960 and I was born in 1987. Three of my siblings were born in the sixties, one was born in 1979 and then two of us were born in the eighties. The next question I get asked is usually, “You guys have the same parents?” and the answer to that question is, yes. We have the same parents. We are biological siblings. The last question I get asked usually is, “What’s it like to have siblings old enough to be your parent?” and I say, “I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way.”
- I was an aunt at the age of 3. My oldest brother and his wife had my first niece, Amber, about two weeks before I turned 4. We were pretty much raised together, with my mom babysitting her, and if you ask either of us, we will introduce each other to people as “my sister”. I don’t know how many times we’ve had to explain to people that we are not actually sisters.
- As I was filling out applications for college, I honestly had no clue what I wanted to go to school for. Filling out my application for Wilmington College, my alma mater, I asked my mom, “Do you think I could be a teacher?” and she said yes. So that is what I went for. I have my BA in Early Childhood Education, all because my mom said I could probably do it. That degree got me a job at a daycare for three years and a few subbing jobs…and a bunch of debt that I’m still paying off.
- I was born, raised, and currently still live in the same county. I was born in Wilmington, Ohio. I was raised and currently live in Blanchester, Ohio. I have never lived outside of Clinton County. I don’t ever see myself living outside of this county, but who knows what God has in store.
- Some of my friends are the reason Ken and I even started talking in the first place. I knew who he was because we were in the same Sunday School class at church, but hadn’t really talked to him much. We went to an outing as a class to a Cincinnati Reds game and one of my friends mentioned that he and I should talk. She told me that we had a lot in common, namely the fact that he had lost his mom as well. As soon as she told me that, I told her that I would probably end up marrying him then. Sure enough, I did. We started dating that July, got engaged in November and were married in December of the following year.
- I am huge music lover. I played flute from middle school through college, learned alto saxophone for jazz band my senior year of high school, and sang in the choir in high school, and now at church. I’ve also been to more concerts than I can count. Some of those acts include: Billy Ray Cyrus, Backstreet Boys (at least 6 times), Aaron Carter, Hawk Nelson, Rascal Flatts, Jonas Brothers, Fall Out Boy, Plain White T’s, Taylor Swift, Emerson Drive, Hanson, The Band Perry, Casting Crowns, NKOTBSB, Chris Tomlin, Mandisa, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Lady Antebellum.
- I’m also an avid WWE fan. I watched it growing up with my brothers and even went to a live show back when I was younger. Since then, I’ve been to one live show and to a pay-per-view event. My favorite wrestler of all time is probably The Undertaker, followed by Shawn Michaels.
- I’m a huge dog lover. My big dream is to eventually open up a shelter for stray dogs in the area. I especially love my Labrador Retriever mix named Lexie and my Golden Retriever named Sophie.
- From the moment I found out that I was pregnant with Maddie, I had a feeling that she was going to be a girl. I had a few dreams where the baby was a girl and several old-wives tales pointed in that direction. The second I found out she was going to be a girl, I was ecstatic. And we knew what we were going to name her right away. Madeline was Ken’s mom’s middle name (Valma Madeline Fountain) and Jeanne was my mom’s middle name (Carole Jeanne Sexton). Madeline Jeanne just worked so well and we got to honor our moms.
- As you have probably noticed if you’ve read my blog posts, I’m a huge Disney World geek. We went there for the first time for our honeymoon and we were completely hooked. Since then, we went for our three year anniversary, again when Ken wanted to run his full marathon there this past January, and we will be going again for our six year anniversary this fall. If you ask Ken, there’s not many other places he would want to go on vacation. Disney has ruined us for anywhere else, and we’re okay with that!
So here is my fun post for the week. Like I said, people that know me won’t be too surprised by any of this information. But this post is mostly for those that don’t know me as well. I’m not horribly interesting. I’m just your average stay-at-home mom and wife. But I love to write and love writing on this blog.
In the coming weeks, I’ll probably be doing some more posts on Disney World as our dining reservation date is approaching!